(AFP) – The first Asian superhero in the Marvel franchise drew more than 450,000 spectators in one week, winning the box office, while “Bac Nord”, on violence in Marseille, crossed the million spectators, according to CBO Box Office on Wednesday.
“Shang-Chi and the legend of the ten rings” drew 481,173 spectators in the first week, relegating Cédric Jimenez’s “BAC Nord” to the second step of the podium.
The film on violence in the northern districts of Marseille, with Gilles Lellouche and Karim Leklou, has attracted more than 1.2 million spectators since its release three weeks ago.
Another acclaimed French film: “Un triomphe”, which had benefited from the Cannes 2020 label, attracted more than 140,000 spectators in the first week. The film offers Kad Merad the role of an actor at the bottom of the wave hired to lead a theater workshop in prison.
Then come “Paw Patrol”, for the young audience, which exceeds the million cumulative admissions during its fourth week in theaters and the new adventures “OSS 117”, this time in Africa, which flirt with the 1 , 5 million spectators.
While theaters have suffered from the implementation of the health pass this summer, some films are doing well, like “Kamelott”, released at the end of July, which now has more than 2.5 million spectators.
CBO Box office for the week of September 1 to 7:
1. “Shang-Chi and the legend of the ten rings” (novelty): 481,173 entries – copies: 519
2. “Bac Nord”: 307,006 entries (1,204,557 in three weeks) – copies: 632
3. “A triumph”: 143,968 admissions (new) – copies: 546
4. “Paw Patrol – The Film”: 95,254 admissions (1,147,683 in three weeks) – copies: 704
4. “OSS 117: Red alert in black Africa”: 93,071 entries (1,495,357 in five weeks) – copies: 640